Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The Utmost Confident

Salam 'alayk!

Ever since secondary school, when I began to exposed with news and current issues, I got my head wrap on a lot of things. One of it is, how do I raise a child (of my own when I'm married, or adopted child) in this world, and protect him/her from all negativity, harm, and all those things that I wouldn't want my child to see?

This question occurred to me as I see a lot of social problems surrounding me, and as I acknowledge the struggle of parents on raising a child (what more children!), I realised that we as parents (future parent in my case) can control only a small part of a small part of our child life!

I feel nervous and scared when I think of that.

Why I said that because as parents we only have authority on our child over what we see. We can supervise what they watch on tv or Youtube, we can look over who their friends are on social media, we watch over their attitude and verbal usage while at home. BUT NOT WHAT THEY DO OUTSIDE HOME! Out of our sight!

We don't know what kind of friends/classmates they have at school, and the friends background. We don't know what they see or hear along the way of their life growing up. Even worse, we don't know how their mind works! How they perceive things, good things or bad things, things they wanted to try to do, things they adore, figures that they look up to.

...and this thought lead to another thought (apabila sel-sel otak berhubungi inilah hasilnya).

We have never had a total control on things in our life. It is not for us to do that. In our effort on planning and enforcement, we tend to forget the Most Powerful Being that is in power of our life. God. Allah.



This is where our reliance upon God is needed, tested. This is where tawakkal works after we've done our part on effort. We do our absolute best, and we put the rest in the hands of God (please don't take hands literally... this is not Quranic lesson we're taking).


We pray. We pray with all our heart to protect our child (in this case of thought) from all bad things, all bad men, whenever they are out of our sight, even they're in our sights. We pray with our most confidence in God that God will protect our child, give this child blessings in so many ways.

Our faith, in Islam, puts so much importance in belief in Allah. Our Helper. Who we turn to whenever we're lost, sad, or happy.



I just want to emphasis on how important it is to put our utmost reliance upon God. This apply on our whole life, every aspect of our living.

Whatever we do, whenever we're worried about something, pray, and believe in God. He'll do the best for us. He knows what's best for us.


May Allah guides us in everything that we do. Ameen

3 comments:

  1. Wiu wiu , i never know that u hv blog. seeing some of my beloved friend active doing their blog, kind of make me feel the same. in near future. Gonna start my own too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there r no solid answer. But as far of what we can do, try build strong pillar of iman and takwa within our child. We absolutely cant control 100% their growing environment. Lots of 'contaminant' may resides.
    This small opinion just from my experiences. My parent did their best, sent us to good school. Ofcos im not 100% follow the school teaching and do what Allah ask us. But, sending me to that kind of school did left important (intipati) message in me. This 'intipati' is what secure my iman, help me cover aurat*, etc even thou not complete, but still do have there effect. 💪 have faith in good deeds and commitment u give to your (future) child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Im sure all parents do their best on their part. Its just that sometimes we have the unknown and unsure coming, thats why we need the dependency onGod.

      But yassss... go make a blog girl (but who is this i cant see your nameeeeee😦

      Delete