Saturday, February 22, 2014

Oggling and fangirling

Assalamualaikum and greetings :)

So, as I keep checking my facebook and twitter, I noticed that now more people are alert about what Allah said in alQuran "good guys for good women" or you can check the exact sentence in surah an'Nur, but I can't remember which verse.

It's a good thing, of course and most of my acquaintances (my friends already realized this alhamdulillah) start to look for 'possible' future-husband or characteristics that they think are necessary in men.

And yes, if we want to look for soleh/solehah husband/wife, we need to change ourselves first as what we would want to find in future husband to be inside of ourselves *somehow i think this sentence is weird grammatically*. People starts to realize this too, and I also noticed some of them trying so hard to change for the best.

What worry me is that, not much people concern about lowering our gaze. Maybe some of them thought its hard to communicate if we couldn't make eye contacts, but there's rukhsah in that. Lowering our gaze is compulsory so there won't be any fitnah physically or spiritually (haram feelings/thoughts).

I don't know about anyone else, but it irked me so much when men don't respect me as to lower their gaze or try not to brush each other. God, sometimes I feel like killing those men, not just teenager boys, but also middle aged men! Im not saying that male likes my looks, but sometimes they just look at you.

Okay, back to the topic. This post is more to girls' side.

So, when I said to lower our gaze, doesn't mean it only applies to 'living guys'. With the k-pop revolution, and the western pop stars, and local actors, Im 100% positive that most girls do oggling and fangirling as a part of their hobbies *and was a part of mine huhu*. I mean like, with by just looking at pictures, or watch their random acts, we(girls) would giggle and roam their bodies *I know disgusting* with our eyes without feeling slightly guilty and all, doesn't that mean we just violated the rule lowering our gaze?

How can oggling and fangirling can be inappropriate and sinful?

Well, when you look at someone that catches your interest, you will start thinking of scenes of pictures or whatsoever that could be nearly as inappropriate as possible without you noticing. Oh come on! Most girls do this to their 'idols'. Okay maybe some not.

Remember about soleh guys only for solehah girls? This could be into details you know, about being soleh and solehah.

So if you like to look at handsome guys, watching their acts, learn their attitude and personality, can you even imagine your future spouse being like that, looking at some random girls with full interest? OF COURSE NO!

Yes, it hit on me like that too when I first realized it because I once liked to stare at good looking guys *pictures only*.

Because, what quality we actually want in our future lifetime partner is the exact quality we need to find in ourselve. It's not that hard to understand now, isn't?

P/s : sometimes I blushed myself whenever I looked into male's pictures
P/p/s : i google the meaning of oggling and found that the meaning is far from what i want it to be meant, but i already wrote this post huhu

I don't mean to insult girls who likes to fangirl over selebrity, this is more to advicing those around me and to myself.

Till then, insyaAllah assalamualaikum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment