Friday, June 9, 2017

Student and Sleep

*This was written long ago and I didn't notice that I haven't posted it*

Assalamualaikum and ayya guys!

How's it going on? With life? Studies? Family? Love life perhaps?

Mine is totally boring, a total typical student life. It's just 3 weeks into this semester and I'm being overwhelmed with readings and studies! AND SLEEP!

GOODNESS WHY AM I ALWAYS SLEEPY?!

I don't get it. If I sleep early and wake early, I'll be sleepy. What more sleep late and wake up late! And these days the average of me getting into my dream land is around 1 am or 2 am. And the latest I'd get off around 6 30 am. Which is like 5 hours everyday. And I think that is considered as normal among adults. BUT WHY AM I STILL SLEEPY?

IT'S UNBEARABLE!

I don't want to rely much on caffeine, apparently my body won't accept certain amount of caffeine or I'll feel like I'm being drugged (caffeinated yes). So currently I just do some stretching and simple exercise and jump around after fajr prayer to shake off my heavy eyes. It work. for awhile.

Aside from my sleepy panda eyes (some people say my face looks sleepy all the time), I also have to struggle with my studies. This sem I want to challenge myself to make notes for every courses I take and to actually study with it. Make full use of my time and everything's given. And apparently, most of my courses require a lot of reading. Really. Like how? *just shows how much I lack reading academic books

Because depending on lecture won't be sufficient. I have trouble taking notes in classes, because I'd have to concentrate to the lecture, and at the same time multi-task writing notes. I tries. And I lose either one. Huh..

It's not really a problem about the readings really. It's just that I'm still in training in time management. I do get better than before, with the help of my bullet journal since I can keep track of my to-do-list and achievements. But...

Ok. I'm sleepy the whole day. And I can't concentrate on something for a long time (I swear I get distracted easily) except in interesting things. And in between of my classes I tried to study or do something during that time. But after my day ends I'll feel so tired and demotivated, and I have to decide for dinner everyday and it's always the same thing or nothing.

I can read during the night. Right. But I have to make my lectures' notes, and squeezed in my calligraphy practice. By that time it's 11 pm or 12 am.

And before I sleep I'd read The Host. I need to read something to relax myself right? Plus I don't want me too engross in my student life that I forget the pleasure of reading. The Host is fantastic.


Mannn I need to reorganize my life structure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment