Monday, November 26, 2018

Pride & Prejudice (2005 movie)

Salam 'alayk and heyya guys!

Today, I am gonna rant on my favourite classic movie; Pride & Prejudice (2005)!



I haven't read the novel, but I just got my hand on the its sister novel, Emma. Either way, I keep falling and falling in love with this movie!

First, it is undeniable that I have a thing with British movies/shows. It's just that there's this aura, the British air that intrigue me so much, like they have so much elegance and their manners in conversing.. is just my type.

ESPECIALLY if it's set in the 15th or 16th century, or anywhere near their enlightenment era. It is just so cool! Plus, one thing I really like about British shows is that they often use sarcasm or joke in a serious way, in which that not all people can detect it. You get what I mean? It's like they have their own way in using sarcasm, that in first sight it doesn't look rude and just their usual elegance way of talking. LOL at me.

Anyway, back to Pride & Prejudice. This is my biggest romance movie ever! The romance is just subtle, it doesn't have that over the top cringy scenes, non of that PDA or excessive skinship, I can say that it is even appropriate for the underage kids.

Both Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett literally depict the title; pride and prejudice. Mr. Darcy is the person with pride, and Lizzy (Elizabeth) is the one with prejudice towards Mr. Darcy. And both of these pride and prejudice are what stopping them finding their romance in each other at the first place.

My favourite character for this movie is obviously Elizabeth Bennett. She is just so sensible? Like in that era, all girls were all about guys, getting married and such (at least that's what I see from the movie). It was a big deal for them on what age they got married. For example, Lizzy's bestfriend, Charlotte got married at the age of 27, and that was already considered as the late age, everyone else was looking down on her (well except Lizzy. She doted on her). But Lizzy, Lizzy is an avid reader.

Charlotte and Lizzy


Lizzy read a lot of books. Even the intro was on Lizzy walking back home while reading a book. Therefore, that makes her a lot more sensible, more knowledgeable than her sisters. In fact, she was the one who cared the most for her sisters, even more than her parents.

When her older sister Jane became sick at the Bingley's, Lizzy was the most concerned about her, and her parents couldn't care less. Lizzy walked from her house to the Bingley's (I forgot the name of the mansion), that her dress hem was soaked in mud. On other part, Lizzy tried to persuade her father to stop her youngest sister Lydia from marrying Mr. Wickham, because she knows Mr. Wickham was not an honest person.

The Bennet Sisters


Other than that, Lizzy is also her father's favourite, due to her quickness and intelligence in comparison to her sisters. Mrs Bennet was not really favoring her because she's not as pretty as Jane or as 'humorous' as Lydia, but I can say Elizabeth is the most interesting and pretty out of all her sisters.

Aaannd, Elizabeth Bennet was portrayed by Keira Knightley and she was sooooo prettyy in that movie! I. Am. So. In. Love!

Knightley looked so natural, she was not like the top shining bright beauty, but she is beautiful in her own way. I really love her smiles in the movie. How can Mr. Darcy not fall in love with her!

So... yeah. I'm done rambling on Pride and Prejudice, and Lizzy. But only on this blog. I could ramble on this movie on and on for hours, days!

So if any of you guys haven't watch the movie, or read the book, go do it now! I'm sure aside from the slow romance plot line, we can learn a lot on English language and British society in the 19th century (the time setting for Pride & Prejudice).

No comments:

Post a Comment